вторник, 29 ноября 2011 г.

Books in my life

My favourite book


Good evening, my dear readers!
Today I'm going to tell you about books in my life.
Actually, I prefer books over magazines, because I find them more interesting, inspiring and sometimes challenging. When I read hilarious dialogues of the central characters, time passes by for me…


  Sometimes, I read book reviews in magazines and websites, but I don’t like to take any risk – from time to time I ask my friend about different books, and she can advise me something really exciting. Nowadays Dasha is studying at the philological faculty, which is famous for reading and studying lots of books, that’s why she knows many brilliant authors who have a better feeling for characters.

  This summer Dasha advised me one of the most challenging books I‘ve ever read. It was “Wuthering Heights” by Emily Bronte. The characters are engaging and believable, especially Heathcliff. The story line is brilliant and I found it hard to put down. This book was well written but worrying in parts.
“The story takes place in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. The story is set in the north of England, a long way from any big cities or towns. People travel on horses, and they don’t have telephones or electricity. Wuthering Heights is about two families – the Lintons and the Earnshaws. The Lintons are very rich and own a big house and lots of land and farms. They are very important people. The Earnshaws are not as rich as the Lintons. But they are not poor – they own a farm and they have some servants and farm workers…”

The story line is complex and full of twists. It begins with the appearance of a small gypsy - Heathcliff, who became a member of the Earnshaws. At first nobody liked him, except Mr. Earnshaw. Hindley, the oldest son, took an instant dislike to this gypsy, but Cathy, the smallest daughter, became attracted to wild and free Heathcliff. When Mr. Earnshaw died, Hindley made Heathcliff a farm worker, and Heathcliff gave a promise to take a revenge. One day, Cathy and Heathcliff went to the Linton’s house to watch small children’s life. But, Cathy was caught and hurt by dogs, so she had to stay for some time at the Lintons’ house. She became an intelligent lady there. Cathy forgot about her previous wild life with her best friend Heathcliff, and some time later she married Edgar Linton. Three years later, Heathcliff came back and Cathy realized that she loved only him and nobody else…
 I think that this book is gripping from start to finish, and it has quite a thought-provoking plot. So if you enjoy this synopsis, don’t waste your time! Go to a bookshop, find the book, read the first page, and if you’ll turn over the page and carry on reading, buy it!!! You won’t be disappointed!!!


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий